Hello August! I’m so excited to be getting ready for my second (ever!) art walk. The first art walk seems like ages ago and the next one is only 20 days away! The video above is a quick look of my new works – I can’t get enough of drawing flowers, can you tell? Let me know what you think!
This past month, I haven’t had too many exciting purchases/finds because I’ve been moving. Hooray for moving! It’s exciting to move to a new place but also, moving kind of sucks. It takes a lot of energy and patience, and waiting (when will the wifi be on? wheeeeen!), and your life doesn’t stop just because you have to move. But, I did have some favorite things to share for May+June!
1. Facials – Making time to relax is the equivalent of dangling a carrot for me, it’s motivation to keep going because at the end of this task, or that tough work week, is a treat. If you’re near LA/Pasadena, try to book an appointment with Iliana – it’s just straight up magic (that’s what your skin will be singing after a session).
2. Stepladder – Seriously, why is my apartment built for giants? Ok, this ladder was a housewarming present and it’s the best thing ever. Everything so high up! HA. Not anymore! Game changer.
3. Rugs/blankets – I’ve been doing the 30 days yoga challenge and using rugs/blankets to sit on or prop myself up has been really helpful. If you want to do it with me, it’s the Yoga Camp series from Yoga With Adriene.
4. Flowers – Another housewarming gift! My neighbor gifted me these amazing orchids (still alive!) and say what you will about “adulting” but having flowers/plants in your space is like I have my shit together.
5. Thrifting – Moving has made me rediscover the joys of thrifting and Ontario just happens to have a number of second hand shops, Goodwill, and a swap meet nearby in Pomona. OMG! I just had the best idea, go to swap meet —> shop —> get deals— also catch Pokemon. Who’s with me?
Let me just say, I love instant photos. I take my mini Instax camera everywhere when I travel – I’ve taken it to Hawaii, to Seoul, and many other undisclosed locations. My love for instant photos goes back to my childhood when my mom and dad would snap us on vacations. Even though my dad had a camera and occasionally turned our bathroom into a darkroom, it wasn’t easy to do with two little kids running around so instant photos/Polaroids was the way to go. But while my parents shared the photos with family (who else has a million cousins?), I’ve been hoarding my photos in unorganized piles (I hope I’m not the only one who does this). Then, I moved to a studio with walls that were begging for art and off to Pinterest I went.
Since I couldn’t paint the walls, I decided to decorate them with many memories instead. To protect the photos, I got an Instax Mini Frame Set from MochiThings (they have a ton of different accessories for Instax photos, even stickers!). I attached the frames to the wall with glue dots. You can use double stick tape but I found it needed something a little stronger. Display the photos however you like – on a string, close together, even overlap them. I went with rows/columns with about 1″ in between each frame. The end result was a polished presentation, with room to grow (see below).
Thanks for reading! If you end up trying this, let me know or tag me @orlovie!
FTC: This blog post is NOT sponsored. All opinions are my own.