This week, we went on a hunt for reference images! In my opinion, having a strong library of resources is one of the best thing you can do as an artist, designer or illustrator. It could be a library of fonts if you’re a designer, or in my case, it’s reference photos I can use later when working on an illustration. Animators and fine artists have a history of using reference images in their work, so you can say I took a page from their books – here is one of my favorite examples from Norman Rockwell.
Fall is here! Well..it’s almost here. You can tell the weather is shifting toward cool evenings, there are pumpkin spice everything on the shelves, and even Halloween stores are starting to spring up like mushrooms. Speaking of which! I asked on Instagram what kind of fall wallpaper people wanted to see and mushrooms was the most popular choice. So here are a few phone fall autumn wallpapers. If you have suggestions for the next free wallpaper, just comment below or DM me on Instagram/Twitter. For a bit of spring, try the cherry wallpaper. Enjoy!
To download: Either right click > Open Image in a New Tab, maximize, then right click and select Save Image As, or just right click and select Save Image As. If you’re on your phone – just hold/press the image until a Save Image option pops up. These are 1080×1920 but if you need another size, let my know.
This past month, I haven’t had too many exciting purchases/finds because I’ve been moving. Hooray for moving! It’s exciting to move to a new place but also, moving kind of sucks. It takes a lot of energy and patience, and waiting (when will the wifi be on? wheeeeen!), and your life doesn’t stop just because you have to move. But, I did have some favorite things to share for May+June!
1. Facials – Making time to relax is the equivalent of dangling a carrot for me, it’s motivation to keep going because at the end of this task, or that tough work week, is a treat. If you’re near LA/Pasadena, try to book an appointment with Iliana – it’s just straight up magic (that’s what your skin will be singing after a session).
2. Stepladder – Seriously, why is my apartment built for giants? Ok, this ladder was a housewarming present and it’s the best thing ever. Everything so high up! HA. Not anymore! Game changer.
3. Rugs/blankets – I’ve been doing the 30 days yoga challenge and using rugs/blankets to sit on or prop myself up has been really helpful. If you want to do it with me, it’s the Yoga Camp series from Yoga With Adriene.
4. Flowers – Another housewarming gift! My neighbor gifted me these amazing orchids (still alive!) and say what you will about “adulting” but having flowers/plants in your space is like I have my shit together.
5. Thrifting – Moving has made me rediscover the joys of thrifting and Ontario just happens to have a number of second hand shops, Goodwill, and a swap meet nearby in Pomona. OMG! I just had the best idea, go to swap meet —> shop —> get deals— also catch Pokemon. Who’s with me?
Thanks for reading! If you want to see what else I’ve been up to, check out my Quick Life Update + Art Speed Inking video or add me on Snapchat.
FTC: This blog post is NOT sponsored. All opinions are my own.